1) “DR Beauty” Gross Negligence Manslaughter Case:
- HKSAR v Mak Wan Ling  HKCFA 37 (Landmark Judgment on Elements of the Offence): click here (p.3 & 7-8)
- HKSAR v Chow Heung Wing Stephen, Chan Kwun Chung and Mak Wan Ling  HKCFI 60 (Reasons for Sentence in respect of D1 and D2): Click here (p.3 & 5-6)
- HKSAR v Mak Wan Ling  HKCFI 3069 (Reasons for Sentence in respect of D3): Click here (p.3 & 8-9)
- HKSAR v Chow Heung Wing Stephen and Chan Kwun Chung  HKCA 1655 (Appeal by D1 and D2)
- HKSAR v Chow Heung Wing, Stephen  HKCA 313 (Appeal by D1)
- HKSAR v Mak Wan Ling  HKCA 387 (Appeal by D3)
2) Gross Negligence Manslaughter of a Liposuction Patient: HKSAR v Kwan Hau Chi, Vanessa  HKCFI 2978 (Reasons for Sentence)
Journal articles by CMEL Co-Director Prof Gilberto K. K. Leung:
1) Gilberto KK Leung. “Medical Manslaughter in Hong Kong: What Now?”. Hong Kong Medical Journal (2023) 29(1):4–5. https://doi.org/10.12809/hkmj235140.
2) Gilberto KK Leung. “Medical Manslaughter in Hong Kong—How, Why, and Why Not”. Hong Kong Medical Journal (2018) 24:384–90. https://doi.org/10.12809/hkmj187346.
1) Webinar on Medical Manslaughter: An Overview and Case Studies co-organised by the Hong Kong Academy of Medicine and CMEL (4 Feb 2023)
2) Webinar: “Gross Negligence Manslaughter: Should it Apply to Healthcare Practitioners?” (9 Apr 2021):