1. The information provided on this website is for general reference only. No express or implied warranty is given as to the accuracy of the information on this website. The information on this website should not be treated as a complete and authoritative statement of law or court practice, or a substitute for professional legal advice. The information on this website might not reflect the most updated situation. Where necessary, please seek independent legal advice.
2. All representations, warranties, obligations and liabilities in relation to the information on this website are excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
3. Any uses to which the information provided on this website is put, or any actions taken in consequence of the use of such information shall be the sole responsibility of the users.
4. No liability shall arise from any errors or omissions in the information on this website or for any loss, injury or damage of any kind caused by using it.
5. No responsibility is assumed for the content of websites linked in this document. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement of those linked websites. No liability for any loss, injury or damage of any kind that may arise from using it shall arise.
Personal Information Collection Statement & Privacy Notice
1. Any personal data provided in the subscription form for email updates and newsletters will be used for the purposes of sending you CMEL’s updates and newsletters as well as information about relevant activities and courses and compiling statistics on subscribers. Provision of your email address is necessary for sending the information above to you.
2. If you do not provide your email address to us, we will not be able to send you the information above.
3. We intend to send to your email address CMEL’s updates and newsletters as well as information about relevant activities and courses. It is possible for such provision of information to be regarded as direct marketing. We cannot use any personal data collected from you in the subscription form in direct marketing, unless we have received your consent. If you proceed to submit the subscription form, you will be regarded as thereby giving consent for us to send to your email address CMEL’s updates and newsletters as well as information about relevant activities and courses. We must, without charge, stop using any personal data collected from you in the subscription form in direct marketing upon your request. You have the right to opt out at any time free of charge. If you would like to opt out, please contact us at email@example.com.
4. You have the right to request access to and the correction of your personal data held by us. If you would like to request access to or the correction of your personal data held by us, please complete the Data Access Request Form and send it to CMEL’s secretary by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to our postal address. Our postal address is Office 9.21, 9/F, Cheng Yu Tung Tower, Centennial Campus, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong.